Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Whatcha Doooooin??

So, since our lives are utterly boring, I decided that I would do some recapping of our last year.  Most of you know that we moved from Utah to Illinois last May.  And since hardly ANY of you have been out to see us (yep, talking to YOU), I thought I'd back track a little.  You're welcome!  It may seem odd to know that we have NEVER taken our kids to Disneyland, or any theme park of any kind. Unless you count Lagoon, which I don't.  On account of Lagoon stinks on ICE!  We have taken the kids to historical sites and National Parks.  Part of this decision is because of the Autism, part of it is because we don't want to pay for theme park food, and the rest is because Trent and I are HUGE history dorks.  SO with that lead in,  I know you're DYING to know how we spent our Spring Break!  Well, wonder no more!!!

This year for spring break we went to Lake of the Ozarks in Missouri.  Which seems odd to those of you who know me well.  Since I LOATHE the water, (isn't loathe such a great word?  So descriptive!) we don't own a boat, and none of our kids can swim.  But.....  We have a timeshare there, so off we went!  We actually found stuff that was non water related to do....

We started out on our 6ish hour drive by getting stuck in a lovely snow storm just outside of St. Louis.  Which added about 2 hours to our commute time.  And a weight to the already "whine burdened" shoulders of Trent and I.  By the time we got to our condo, we were all more than happy to be there.  We shelled out some of our points to upgrade to a top floor 3 bedroom penthouse.  We also discovered that we had a hot tub on our deck!!

We went on a cave tour.  I won't bore you with the myriad of pics I took from inside the cave, but here are a few.

Us at the end of the tour.  The smile on my face was forced.  The claustrophobia was kicking in big time and I couldn't WAIT to get out of there......
On the upper right of the water you can see a ladder.  A "mystery" ladder.  Our guide says that they don't actually know who brought it in or how they got it in there........



We got some fantastic custard.  Chuck full of crushed Thin Mint cookies.  Oh, it was HEAVENLY!  We also got some mediocre local pizza.  Think we'll stick with Chicago style.........  We also went to a couple of state parks in the area. We did a little hiking.  Just enough to tire out the kids, but not enough to stop the whining completely.  We went to Ha Ha Tonka (bwahahaha funny name) State Park.  Someone back in the early 1900's had built a castle there which was burned down in the 1940's.  They let you walk around it and we took lots of pics.  The kids thought it was cool.  Especially B.  He likes fire.  Another story for another time. 

We found a park.  And swang.  Swung? Swinged? For 2 hours....  And no one threw up!  Miracle of miracles!!
Kaity.  Isn't she pretty?  And puffy?  She'll hate me for that.....


Good trip.  Good times.  Sorry, it's not more exciting.  We had a blast.  That's just how we roll (hahaha)!!!!  I should have taken pics of the custard.....

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful way to spend spring break! Looks like a BLAST! I'm so glad you had a hot tub and enjoyed the custard!
    I like the way you ROLL! Ha!

    ReplyDelete