Monday, May 9, 2011

Word to YOUR Mother's Day!!

Have I mentioned how much I love being a mom?  Well, I LOVE it!  Have I mentioned what charming and sweet children I have?  Oh, I haven't??   Totally meant to......   I'll do that next time!  Have I mentioned how much my heart warms when I am presented with homemade gifts from those charming and sweet children?  Well, it DOES!  Warms to a big 'ol puddle of valves and ventricles!!   Here are some pics of the sweet things my kiddos made for me on Mother's Day.  Which, by the way, is the BEST day of the year.  Even better than Christmas.  Know why?  HU? DOOYA??  It's cuz I get the WHOLE DANG DAY OFF!!!!  
E's kindergarten class hatched chicks.  This chick just happened to hatch on his birthday.  I sincerely want to believe that he washed his hands immediately after taking this picture.......  Yeah, sure!  I'm sure no face touching or nose picking took place before the hand washing.  I'm gonna keep telling myself that.......

E's tribute to ME!  I can't actually read what he wrote, but I totally appreciate the time he took on the pic.  He was spot on with the eye color.  And, the nose!  Yay E!!!




B made this vase and the paper flowers in his regular ed class.  He presented them to me during my breakfast in bed.  He was so anxious to keep them a secret.  The huge smile on his face when he gave them to me was even better than the flowers.  And I am keeping the flowers.  FOR.EV.ER! 

This is what B made in his special ed class.  Double the Mother's Day gifts.  Almost makes having to buy Christmas and End of School Year gifts for  1 special ed teacher, 3 class aides, 1 speech therapist, 1 occupational therapist, 1 gym teacher, 1 regular ed teacher, 1 bus drive and 1 bus aide, worth it.  ALMOST!!
You may notice that a gift from a certain girl is missing.......  Yeah, me too.  K was supposed to make me a card in YW yesterday.  Still don't have that.  BUT, she did reorganize my kitchen last Saturday.  So I am totally counting that.  Cuz organizing is NOT my forte.  She also hugged me today at her track meet.  In public.  So, she doesn't need to get me anything for the rest of the year.  I'm good!!! 

3 comments:

  1. Nothing better than a lil' extra LOVE for Mom! I am so glad you got those cute gifts. Treasures! Although K is NOT getting off with just a Hug! Tell her Sis. T is gunna hunt her down if that note is not delivered soon! But I do agree hugs from teens in public is awesome!
    Happy you had a good day! You are a Wonderful Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the cute stuff! Makes me miss those cute kids of yours even more ... TORTURE! Happy Mother's Day Lori :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mother's Day...the day set aside to make us feel even more guilty then we already do. I love it! I am glad your kiddos made you feel so great. :)

    ReplyDelete